Here are the recipes you’ll need for days 5-7 of my moderate cleanse. The hummus is super yummy (and pink!) and the Lentil salad is super hearty–especially compared to the rabbit food of days 1-4. Enjoy! (Oh, and pictures to come!)
Two-Bean Garlic Hummus
- 1 ½ cups pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ tbs coconut oil
- 2-3 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper flakes
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup water (or more if needed to blend)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. This will keep well in the fridge for up to a week. You may need to add a dash more lemon juice right before serving to brighten it up a bit and bring out all the flavors.
Lentil Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Dressing
- 1/2 lb dried lentils
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- sun dried tomato dressing (see below)
- 1 small container grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded basil
How to make it:
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add lentils. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until lentils are tender but not falling apart.
- While the lentils are cooking, prepare your Sun Dried Tomato Dressing but combining all ingredients (below) in a food processor and blending until smooth.
- Remove lentils from heat and strain.
- In a large bowl, pour dressing over lentils and coat evenly. Mix in your diced cucumber, red bell pepper, and shallot.
- When ready to serve, mix in your grape tomatoes and shredded basil (I like to keep this separate until I plate so they stay fresh and don’t make the salad mushy).
Sun Dried Tomato Dressing:
- 10-12 sun dried tomato halves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil